The second generation of the MINI Countryman is the biggest and most versatile model in the entire range of the tradition-steeped British brand. And another superlative now applies to the power unit of the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman. With an output of 228 hp, it is the most powerful engine ever to be fitted in a MINI: in combination with the standard all-wheel drive system ALL4 and a robust vehicle concept, it ensures that the latest addition to the family of top John Cooper Works athletes takes the MINI experience to a whole new level – in terms of both race track feeling on the road and extreme driving fun over unsurfaced terrain.
The new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman sprints from zero to 60 mph in 6.2 seconds with both the standard 6-speed manual transmission and the optional 8-speed Steptronic Sport Automatic transmission. In doing so it is 0.8 to 0.9 seconds quicker than the MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4.
The superior performance qualities of the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman are likewise reflected in its elasticity on interim sprints, cornering agility and deceleration performance. These qualities are the product of an overall package that has been compiled based on John Cooper Works racing expertise, including not just the engine and all-wheel drive system but also a sports suspension with 18-inch John Cooper Works light alloy wheels and Brembo sports brake system, special body features to optimize aerodynamic properties and cooling air intake, and a model-specific cockpit with John Cooper Works sports seats. The exceptional standing of the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman within the premium compact segment is underscored by means of exclusive standard features including MINI Driving Modes, LED headlamps, Comfort Access keyless
entry and a 6.5-inch screen with the MINI Connected infotainment system.
The new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman:
– 4-cylinder turbo engine with 228 hp and 258 ft lbs torque.
– Efficiency-optimized all-wheel drive system ALL4 as standard.
– Sports suspension with Brembo sports brake system and 18-inch light alloy
– Engine, suspension and Aerodynamic harmonised based on John Cooper Works
– Sprint from zero to 60 mph in 6.2 seconds, 0.8 seconds faster than the
MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4, maximum speed: 145 mph.
– John Cooper Works Aerodynamic Kit with especially large air inlets at the front.
– Model-specific interior with John Cooper Works sports seats.
– Exclusive standard trim include LED headlamps, MINI Driving Modes and
– Five fully fledged seats, and a significant increase in space, luggage
compartment size and versatility as compared to the predecessor model.
– MINI Connected as a personal mobility assistant for everyday use and when